Tournament is open to three categories: Over 40 Ladies – Over 40 Men – Over 50 Men. The participation is limited to six teams by category; 18 teams overall. The registrations will be opened as soon as possible.
- All games will be played under FIBA rules with the following exceptions
- The organising committee’s decisions are final in all matters and may change or alter any rule or regulation on the day to benefit the smooth running of the tournament.
- It is the team’s responsibility to be warming up on centre court at the half time stage of the previous game. Published times are only an indication of the proposed start time but games may start earlier if time permits.
- Failure by a Team to be ready to start a game on time can result in a default and the Game being awarded to the opposing team.
- All Games must be completed within the allocated 50 MINUTE Time Slot. In the event of a game running late, the Games Commissioner may make a decision to Run the Clock if required.
- Each Game will consist of 4 No. 7 – Minute Quarters-RUNNING CLOCK IN FIRST HALF AND STOP CLOCK IN SECOND HALF.
- 3 No. Time-Outs permitted per Game – (Time-Out = 1 minute).
- 3 Minute Warm Up & Half Time will be a maximum of 2 minutes.
- All Games must be completed in a 50 MINUTE Time Slot. In the event of a game running late, the Games Commissioner may make a decision to Run the Clock for a portion / all of the Third or Fourth Quarter.
- In the event of a tied game, each team will have 1 point for the ranking league.
- Players will be disqualified after 5 Personal Fouls in any match.
- In games consisting of 4 Quarters, Teams will be in ‘penalty’ in each Quarter, once they reach 5 team fouls.
League Tables will be used to determine the Final’s games for Sunday afternoon.
- Each Team will play 2 league games on Friday and Saturday.
- League positions and subsequent entry to Cup, Plate and Bronze competitions are decided by league positions, league points and if necessary score difference.
- Teams will be awarding 3 points for a win, 1 point each for a tied game and no points are awarded for a forfeit or default. If 2 teams are tied on league points then the result of the games involving the 2 teams will resolve the tie. If 3 teams are tied on league points, then a classification is set up which only takes account of the results of the tied teams. Positions are determined by points difference calculated for each tea.
League Tables will be used to determine the Play-off make-up for Sunday afternoon.
- The Games Schedule for the Sunday Finals will be published on the Venice Masters Basket Facebook Page on Saturday Evening Jun 29th at the end of all League Games.
- Players are ONLY permitted to play/register for ONE TEAM in any competition within the Masters Tournament. Exceptions will have to be agreed with the organization committee.
- Age Limit for the tournament is that all Men & Ladies playing in the Mens & Ladies’s 40’s Tournament must be at least 40 by 31st of December tof the tournament year, (The 2 over 35 Players on the ladies teams must be 35 by the same date); in the Mens 50’s Tournament must be at least 50 by 31st of December of the tournament year,
- All Players must provide their Date of Birth. Proof of age may be requested and the playing of underage players will result in immediate disqualification. (Any team is entitled to request proof of age from another team through the organising committee on the day of the tournament).
- In the event that a team is short of players, which would make them unable to continue to participate, the team can make representation to the Management Panel to request a relaxation of the Player Eligibility rule. This can only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
It is expected that all players conduct themselves in the spirit of master’s basketball. Failure to so may incur disciplinary action. The TorneodeiSestieri Association WILL NOT tolerate abuse of referees or officials and any such abuse will result in immediate player disqualification with the possibility of future ban on playing in tournaments.