Tournament is open to three categories: Over 45 Ladies – Over 50 Men – Over 60 Men. 8 teams per category.
_ Men over 50y could have 2 players over 48y admitted
_ Men over 60y could have 2 players over 58y admitted
_ Women over 45y —> 8 teams divided in two groups made up of teams with a similar average age ( therefore we will need the list with all the players and their date of births by the end of March)
We will do our best to guarantee the best possible balance of the groups. The winner of each division will play the final game for the cup
THE REGISTRATIONS MUST BE DONE NOT LATER THAN FEBRUARY 28TH.
- All games will be played under FIBA rules with the following exceptions;
- The organising committee’s decisions are final in all matters and may change or alter any rule or regulation on the day to benefit the smooth running of the tournament.
- It is the team’s responsibility to be warming up on centre court at the half time stage of the previous game. Published times are only an indication of the proposed start time but games may start earlier if time permits.
- Failure by a Team to be ready to start a game on time can result in a default and the Game being awarded to the opposing team.
- All Games must be completed within the allocated 50 MINUTE Time Slot. In the event of a game running late, the Games Commissioner may make a decision to Run the Clock if required.
TOURNAMENT RULES 2023
- Ladies over 45 > teams – 2 groups
1st phase: the four teams that compose each group will play against each other
2nd phase (the finals):
- The firsts of each group wull play to define the 1st and 2nd place
2. Men over 50 > 8 teams
3. Men over 60 – 8 teams
_ 2 points for the win
_ 1 point for a tie
To define the ranking:
- In case of a tie between 2 teams, what defines the ranking is who won in the game played between them. If this game ended in a tie, what defines the ranking is the difference between the number of points scored and the points conceded (throughout the all games played by the two teams).
- In case of a tie between 3 or more teams the ranking is defined by the difference between the points scored and the points conceded (only the games played against each other by the teams involved in the tie are considered). In case of a further tie what defines the ranking is the sum of all the points scored (only the games played against each other by the teams involved in the tie are considered).
- Players will be disqualified after 5 Personal Fouls in any match.
- In games consisting of 4 Quarters, Teams will be in ‘penalty’ in each Quarter, once they reach 5 team fouls.
League Tables will be used to determine the Play-off make-up for Sunday afternoon.
- The Games Schedule for the Sunday Finals will be published on the Venice Masters Basket Facebook Page on Saturday Evening at the end of all League Games.
- Players are ONLY permitted to play/register for ONE TEAM of the Masters Tournament.
- Age Limit for the tournament is that all Men & Ladies playing in the Mens & Ladies’s 40’s Tournament must be at least 40 by 31st of December of the tournament year, (The 2 over 35 Players on the ladies teams must be 35 by the same date); in the Mens 50’s Tournament must be at least 50 by 31st of December of the tournament year,
- All Players must provide their Date of Birth. Proof of age may be requested and the playing of underage players will result in immediate disqualification. (Any team is entitled to request proof of age from another team through the organising committee on the day of the tournament).
- In the event that a team is short of players, which would make them unable to continue to participate, the team can make representation to the Management Panel to request a relaxation of the Player Eligibility rule. This can only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
It is expected that all players conduct themselves in the spirit of master’s basketball. Failure to so may incur disciplinary action. The TorneodeiSestieri Association WILL NOT tolerate abuse of referees or officials and any such abuse will result in immediate player disqualification with the possibility of future ban on playing in tournaments.